What is our mission?
To reduce the burden of illness, injury, and loss of life in the event of an emergency or disaster through coordinated emergency preparedness and response.
What are our objectives?
- We will build and strengthen emergency response capabilities across all sectors of our members and the health care system.
- We will strengthen coordination and communications among member organizations and health care providers.
- We will create more effective structures and processes that strengthen the public-private partnership.
- We will be better prepared for catastrophic events.
What are our responsibilities?
- Expand the health system’s emergency response capacity through information and resource sharing.
- Coordinate the health system’s emergency response through effective communications.
- Integrate the health system’s response into the larger regional emergency response.
- Advise public officials on health policy matters during emergencies.